[tulip] installing rpm fails

a k laue airakl@hotmail.com
Mon Aug 19 21:19:02 2002

I'm trying to build "netdrivers-3.1-1.src.rpm" in RedHat 7.3 (kernel
2.4.18-3). I downloaded the OS from RedHat, and I just installed it
yesterday.  I've made no changes/upgrades to the system--I've been
struggling with my network card since installing.  So, here's my error:

# rpm -bb netdrivers.spec

<lots of output>

make: *** [pci-skeleton.o] Error 1

RPM build errors:

-----

On a possibly related note, after the install failed I closed my terminal
and rebooted my machine.  After choosing "reboot" I got another error -- a
segmentation fault in /usr/bin/python.  Could this be related?

Thanks for any help and/or advice!

best,
akl