[tulip] Unresolved symbols w. 2.4.7

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sat Aug 17 04:47:02 2002

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 tbrandvik@fastmail.fm wrote:

> I'm trying to get my Conexant NIC to work on a Compaq Presario 17xl365
> laptop. Other users of the same laptop have reported success in getting
> the card to work with the tulip driver. I'm using Red Hat 7.2 with
> 2.4.7. Both pci-scan.c and tulip.c compiles, but when doing "insmod" I
> get a lot of messages about "unresolved symbol".

Try downloading and compiling the driver with

  mkdir /tmp/netdrivers/
  cd /tmp/netdrivers/
  ncftp ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/netdrivers.tgz
  tar xfvz netdrivers.tgz
  make
  make install

I'm temporarily recommending this approach instead of the binary or
source RPM.  Red Hat has several different kernels that are distributed
as being "7.2", and each requires different module versions.