[tulip] ng_tulip driver

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 22:48:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, GIANT Network Productions wrote:

> >On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Keith Anderson wrote:
> >
> > > I own a Netgear FA310TX rev D2 10/100 NIC and am currently having
> > > trouble getting any linux drivers to recognize the thing. I had it
> > > installed in a Red Hat (recent, not sure version) system with no
> > > problems, so I know the card WILL work. However, upon removing the
> > > card and trying to install it into a Debian (2.2r3 - potato) system
> > > I've been unable to find ANY driver combination that will make this
> > > card work - including the ng_tulip.o driver that came with the
> > > distribution (modified by Netgear!).
> >
> >What driver versions have you tried?
>
> ng_tulip - 0.89K.1
> tulip - 0.91g-ppc
> old_tulip - 0.89H

Those are all versions from over two years ago, and all have likely been
modified from my release.

Please try a 0.92 series driver.

> >What does 'tulip-diag -aefm' report?
>
> #tulip-diag -aefm
> Index #1: Found a Lite-On 82c168 PNIC adapter at 0xfc00
>    The Tx process state is 'Waiting for Tx to finish'.

There is a transceiver configuration problem.

>    No MII transceivers found!

Some '168 boards used MII transceivers, but most of the early ones used
SYM transceivers.

>   Port selection is 10mpbs-serial, half-duplex.

The port setting is appropriate for a SYM/serial transceiver board.

If the v0.92 drivers doesn't work (and I believe that it will), what is
the transciever chip?