[tulip] Weird problem with Conexant

Felipe Contreras al593181@mail.mty.itesm.mx
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 23:22:05 -0600

Hi,

I have a weird problem when conecting via an ethernet cross cable to a
CNET PRO200, now running windows 2000.

This is what ifconfig says:
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:50:8B:AA:F6:C1
          inet addr:192.168.0.158  Bcast:192.168.0.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST NOTRAILERS RUNNING  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
          RX bytes:1448877 (1.3 Mb)  TX bytes:66 (66.0 b)
          Interrupt:9 Base address:0x4000

This is an extract of what tulip-diag says:
 Port selection is MII, full-duplex.
 Transmit started, Receive started, full-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Waiting for packets'.
  The Tx process state is 'Idle'.
  The transmit threshold is 128.

The weird part is that I can actually use the driver as if it was
working fine except that the windows machine keeps saying that the
conection goes down, an then goes up, and that happends more often when
I'm comsuming cpu power. Also sometimes I get good pings, but most of
the times I got them corrupted. This also happened with my old Davicom
card, it was just coincide that my new CNET card use the same chipset
now I wonder if it was really broken or was a driver problem.

Notice that this only works on this connection, on the university's lan
the driver works fine, I've still not tested on ther circumstances.

Cheers.