[tulip] Multiport card and Kernel 2.4.x

Marco Flohrer marco.flohrer@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri, 25 May 2001 16:51:36 +0200 (MET DST)

Hallo!

I have used tulip multiport cards with tulip.c for a long time with Linux
kernel 2.2.x without any problems with crossover connections.
Now with kernel 2.4.4 autonegotiation seems to fail. I tried de4x5.c
instead of tulip.c and there is no such problem. Further configuration
has not changed.

Used cards: SMC EtherPower 10/100 Dual
            Adaptec Quartet 10/100 (kernel hangs after initialisation of
                                    network interfaces, MII-Transceivers
                                    could not be detected)
Any usefull hints?
Thanks...