[tulip] Linksys NC100 v2 on RedHat 7.0

Joel B. Chitwood jbchitwo@mtu.edu
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:34:54 -0500 (EST)

I am trying to get the Linksys NC100 v2 card working on RedHat 7.0 .  I
both compiled the drivers and used the RPM available on scyld's
site.  After modprobing the drivers, I get the following error message
(using insmod gives me the same message):

Using /lib/modules/2.2.16-22/net/tulip.o
/lib/modules/2.2.16-22/net/tulip.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

I even tried entering the IRQ/IO parameters manually using the netconf
utility that comes with RedHat (does the same thing as linuxconf for the
networking stuff).  The card does work, as I used Linksys' testing utility
that runs under DOS on a floppy.

Thanks much,

-Joel