[tulip] EtherExpress PRO/100 Cardbus 32

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 23:36:07 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Ronneil Camara wrote:

> I am having problems with my EtherExpress PRO/100 Cardbus on my linux box.
> I've already downloaded the latest pcmcia-cs package but still, my dongle
> led turns on and off. I have grab a copy of tulip-diag program, then I found
> out that somewhere in the output, it says:
> You have an Intel CardBus card with an incomplete EEPROM.
> Can you help me please on what I should do?

First, ask Intel about the problem.  Perhaps they have an official
solution.

The tulip-diag program will update your EEPROM if you pass the '-w'
flag.  But you do this update at your own risk -- this will permanently
update your card's EEPROM to have a media table that should work.

"If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces."