[tulip] Most ethernets record?

Jeff Garzik jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:43:17 -0400

Let's settle down, boys :)

Donald Becker wrote:
> We confirmed that the 2.2.19 and 2.4 kernels are still broken.
> I can't even get driver contact info updated, so I don't accept the
> blame for long-fixed problems in those distributions.

Nor should you.

I accept the blame for 2.4 problems.  For 2.2, I don't have time to
maintain it and 2.4, so I tell people to download the scyld.com tulip.c.

WRT to contact info, I specifically e-mailed you about the following
patch, asking if it was ok to apply.  And stated publicly (with CC to
you) that I would not apply the patch without your personal ok.  No
answer.  Andrew Morton and I are listed in MAINTAINERS as the
maintainers of the net drivers subsystem.  -Please- send a patch to
update contact info, and we will -happily- apply it.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=429833&group_id=3242&atid=303242

David, Donald gets some brownie points for attending the networking BOF
at the kernel summit, which you missed ;-) ;-)

	Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik      | Andre the Giant has a posse.
Building 1024    |