[tulip] SiS900

Glen Solsberry gmsols01@athena.louisville.edu
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:09:28 -0400

I know this is probably the wrong place to ask this question, but I didn't see a
better list on scyld.com...

I have SuSe 7.0 (2.2.16 kernel) installed on my 1.2GHz TBird.  The board is the
PCChips M810LMR (onboard audio/video/LAN, includes an AMR modem).  Whenever I
boot up, the machine has trouble when insmod eth0 happens.  I can't very well
copy and paste with the machine currently, but here goes on my attempt to
explain... :)

The NIC is an onboard SiS900.  Donald's site says that drivers can be found on
SiS's site.  WEll, for windows, the can be.  But apparently the card is also
supposed to be supported after 2.2.13.  The card is on IRQ5, and I could
probably get more onfirmation if needed.  Any thoughts?

All I want to do is get the machine to communicate with my windows netowrk.
What should I send in addition to this message?

--

Glen Solsberry

If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos . . . then you
probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.