[tulip] Conexant LANfinity is NOT working in 2.4!

Kent Hunt kenthunt@yahoo.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:03:25 -0700 (PDT)

What version of kern_compat.h are you using? 1.9?
You may also need to recompile your kernel with
the options

CONFIG_MODULES=y
CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y
CONFIG_KMOD=y

this is what I have in my kernel.
Finally, I would not recommend testing this driver
with 2.4 for now since I'm having lockups and file
system corruption. If you still want to try, see if
your kernel log says: Warning kfree_skb on hard IRQ.
If it does, you'll are likely to get massive file
system corruption. If you don't know what I'm talking
about then don't even try.