[tulip] Netgear FA510 CardBus problems with RH 7.1

Ben Greear greearb@candelatech.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 18:49:10 -0700

Ben Greear wrote:

> I'm having several problems with the FA510 and a stock RH 7.1
> installation.
>
> If I only have one adapter, I get lots of carrier errors
> unless I force it to half-duplex.  I still get a few RX dropped
> errors when running at 1Mbps traffic bi-directional.
>
> When I add the second FA510 to the laptop, the whole thing
> locks solid untill I remove it.  The mouse won't even move.
>
> I'm going to grab the latest 2.4 kernel in hopes that fixes
> things, but I'd like to know if anyone has any other ideas.

By the way, the 2.4.6 kernel did not fix it, so I returned
the cards.  It may be a VAIO problem too, because I tried
a Xircom multi-function card and it also locked up the machine
untill I removed it.