[tulip] Compac and tulip driver.Does it work??

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:02:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Art of Craft wrote:

> Hi Has anybody got the tulip driver to work with the compaq presario
> 17XL470??? and where do you get the driver from???

I spent a half day on Tuesday, but without making much progress.
The programming manual is still missing some vital information about
about what some register bits do.
Perhaps I'll find some more time over the weekend to try out a few more
things.

(The Conexant is a clone of the 21140 series.  The Conexant
documentation covers the compatible parts of the implementation, but
skims over the unique changes.  Come on guys, you aren't going to
convince anyone that you came up with the design.  Why not document the
differences rather than only the similarities?)