[tulip] DEC21041 & RH7

Bruce Hyatt brucehyatt@mediaone.net
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:57:49 -0500

Sorry if this has been addressed. I've looked & looked & ............at
HOWTOs, mail lists, etc. If I could get on the internet in Linux,
problem solving would be so much easier.

I have DEC21041 card & RH7 with 2.2.16 kernel trying to connect to AT&T
broadband Roadrunner in eastern Massachusetts and I can't get the card
to initialize(delayed). I've tried many settings of linuxconf. I've
tried passing arguments to the kernel on boot.

1) Do I have the latest version of Tulip driver?
2) Is this an impossible project? Nearly Impossible?
3) Why can't I find conf.modules?
4) My ISP doesn't use a DNS and uses a dynamic IP. Is there ANY card
that will work?
5) What info do I need if I select DHCP in linuxconf?
6) Windows shows my I/O as range; 0500-057F. How do I enter this in
linuxconf?

Thanks for indulging.