[tulip] Re: v0.92 and NetPIPE 2.4

John Connett jrc@art-render.com
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 15:19:13 +0000

Some further evidence.  I used the v0.92t driver with debug=3 on the
transmitter and a 3Com 3c905C on the receiver.  Here are the errors
reported on the transmitter with each of the three cards:

    KNE100TX:  eth1: Transmit error, Tx status 7fffb200

    KNE110TX:  eth1: Transmit error, Tx status 7fff8200

    KNE111TX:  eth1: Transmit error, Tx status 7fffb200

I've tried swapping the cross over cable which appears to make no
difference.

Please can someone venture an opinion as to the source of the problem?

If the problem is with the receiver system I am open to suggestions
for a good card/driver combination for card testing.  Something that
is stable over a wide range of operating conditions and can be
persuaded to advertise particular media selections.

Thanks in anticipation
--
John Connett (jrc@art-render.com)