[tulip] Performance Issue with tulip driver in netdrivers-2.1.6 package

Brian Haymore brian@chpc.utah.edu
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 20:18:08 -0700

I installed this netdriver set on our system and found that it had
corrected a problem I have been seeing for a while where these newer
versions of the tulip driver as found in the netdriver src rpm have been
reading in the wrong MAC address from our Kingston KNE100TX cards.  But
performance has gone out the window now.  With the previous release I
was seeing 88 micro seconds of latency between two boxes over mpi and
now I'm over 250 micro seconds with this newer version.  Any ideas?

--
Brian D. Haymore
University of Utah

Email: brian@chpc.utah.edu - Phone: (801) 585-1755 - Fax: (801) 585-5366