[tulip] New test version of tulip.c v0.92t

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 05:34:57 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001, Patrick Dung wrote:

> Subject: Re: Accton 1207b and tulip.c

It took most of the day, but I've reproduced the problem with the
21143-TD rev 65 in 100baseTx-FDX SYM mode and found the solution.

The chip ignore the CSR6 full duplex bit unless autonegotiation is
disabled.  Strangely, this isn't true with 10baseT-FDX.

With the autonegotiation bit turned off, the link partner status is
erased.  So while cleaning up the status report for the mii-diag ioctl()
calls, I fixed a few bits and added the ability to restart autonegotation.

Please try
    ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/test/tulip.c
and send a report.

revision 1.57
date: 2001/01/15 07:29:36;  author: becker;  state: Exp;  lines: +29 -15
tulip.c:v0.92t 1/15/2001

Disable the CSR6 SQE check when in 100Mbps mode.

Disable autonegotiation when switching into autonegotiated 100baseTx mode
so that the full duplex bit is honored.

Better setting and reporting of the SYM-NWAY status through the MII
registers, including autonegotiation restart.