[tulip] Problems with Intel LAN

Danilo Godec danci@server.kibla.org
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 19:08:02 +0100 (CET)

Has anyone else here had (and resolved) trouble with (newer) Intel LAN
chipsets?

I have one Intel D815EEA motherboard with integrated LAN and one D815EEA
with PCI Intel LAN adapter. I have similar problems in both situations.

It sometimes happens that the machine locks up, when the network is
initalized (I guess when the interface is configured, but could be on
module load). However, that is quite rare.

Another problem happens, while the machine is already up. The LAN card
stops working and reports something like 'card reports no resources'. If I
re-initalize (ifdown - ifup) the interface, it works again (no need to
reload the module).

    D.

PS: It may be, that the problem is related to 815 chipset, as I had no
problems with Intel LAN cards before.