[tulip] LNE100TX

Bill Kodzis someguyinmd@yahoo.com
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 20:09:05 -0500

I know there is all kinds of information about this
probably already, and i've looked through the list
archive, however, i am still having a few problems.
I am working on RH7 (did a workstation install, if
that makes any difference) and downloaded the
netdrivers-rh70.i386.rpm file (on the windows machine
and burned it to a cd) and ran the command

rpm -i --force netdrivers-rh70.i386.rpm

Had to do the force so it could overwrite a bunch
of instances of other files.  At this point i'm
not really sure what i'm supposed to do.  If
i do an ifup eth0 it just gives the usage message
for the command.  netstat -i and ifconfig both
show the loopback adapter, but no eth0.  Did
i do something wrong?

Bill Kodzis
wkodzis@home.com