[tulip] Newbie with RH 7 and LNE100TX... HELP!

Paul Urbanczyk gomer@stanford.edu
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:20:45 -0800

Hello,

I need some help.  I can not, for the life of me, get my Linksys LNE100TX
to work with RH 7.  I am pretty much as new to Linux as one can get.  I
have scoured the archives of this mailing list in an attempt to piece
together a process that will get my card up and working with RH 7, but
nothing seems to work.  I have read about using kgcc versus gcc, I have
read about incorrect header files, etc, but I just can't seem to make
things come out right.  Does anyone know of a site or file of a
newbie-level walkthrough of this process?  I am fairly proficient with
computers, in general, but I am just completely clueless when it comes to
Linux.  I would really like to learn linux, though, because I'm getting
sick of Windows fast (stability, resource use, etc).  Anyway, if no such
"newbie-level" help exists for RH 7 and the LNE100TX card, would it be
possible for someone to give a quick walkthrough of the necessary
steps?  Specifically, I'm looking for something as close as possible  to a
step-by-step process with exact command lines, files, etc.  If someone
could provide these things or point me to a site/file/book/anything that
could help me, I'd very much appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

-Paul