[tulip] tulip on solaris

Dan Stromberg strombrg@nis.acs.uci.edu
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:12:41 -0800

--+pHx0qQiF2pBVqBT

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 09:18:41AM -0500, Donald Becker wrote:
> > What am I missing here?
> > Since sun released the Solaris source code...
>=20
> They haven't released their source code under the GPL.  You can do what
> you like with the *BSD drivers, but not with the Linux drivers.

I'm almost certain some non-GPL code has been released as a kernel
module for the linux kernel by various card vendors.  One hears
complaints about them not being updated from time to time.

Is there a reason why non-GPL code dynamically loaded into GPL code,
is different from GPL code dynamically loaded into non-GPL code?

--=20
Dan Stromberg                                               UCI/NACS/DCS

--+pHx0qQiF2pBVqBT

--+pHx0qQiF2pBVqBT--