[tulip] nc100 card, does it work??

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:20:47 -0500 (EST)

On 19 Feb 2001, David Fenstermacher wrote:

> I'm trying to get my Linksys NC100 ethernet card working using the tulip
> driver, but i am unable to do so.  I get "device or resource busy" error

You need the updated driver.

> when I try to insert a pre-compiled version of the driver that came with
> my distribution, and I get lots of errors when I try to compile the
> source (the error messages probably go on for at least a few hundred

What distribution?

> I've seen a lot of questions and complaints on this list about the NC100
> card, and I just need a straight answer.  does it work??

Yes.

>  what do I need to do to make it work?

You should follow the directions posted many times on the list.

Users with RPM-based system may install the update with
rpm -i ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/netdriver-2.1.src.rpm
cd /usr/src/redhat/
rpm -bb SPECS/netdriver.spec
rpm -i --force RPMS/i386/netdriver*.i386.rpm

As a special case, a precompiled RPM for Red Hat 7.0 running the x86
uniprocessor kernel may be installed by running
  rpm -i ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/netdrivers-rh70.i386.rpm