[tulip] Win/Linux networking

jpshark jpshark@earthlink.net
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 08:03:50 -0600

Hi,

I finally got my LNE100TX working under RH 7.0, thanks Mr. Becker for
the link to the pre-compiled rpm for RH7.0. Everything boots up fine and
I can ping my eth0 dev and my address. Now, I need to figure out how to
setup my network so the Win boxes can see/use the Linux box and vise
versa. Anyone know of a good starting place on this subject? Ultimately,
I'd like to use the Linux box as a gateway/firewall to my ISP...like
Internet connection sharing under Windows with security. For now, I'd
just be happy seeing the boxes talking to each other.

Thanks for any insight.
Jim