[tulip] Re: eth0 resets every 5 mins!

Jonah Michaud unixj@yahoo.com
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 23:35:54 -0800 (PST)

Just in case someone else finds it helpful.  From the debug I
noticed it seemed to start happening when the autonegotiation
switches to 100baseT-FD (which it then remains in forever).  I
fixed this by commenting out:

   if (tp->flags & HAS_NWAY)
      tp->link_change = nway_lnk_change;
   else if (tp->flags & HAS_PNICNWAY)
      tp->link_change = pnic_lnk_change;

apparently that makes the driver stay in 10baseT mode.  I'm
sure that's not the right way to do it but I couldn't bring up
the interface when I tried using the "options" options for the
10baseT media.

So far the interface hasn't reset even once, so that must have
been it.