[tulip] Tulip kernel driver module and PCMCIA schemes !

Ingvaldur Sigurjonsson ingi@ementor.se
Wed Dec 26 15:23:00 2001

Hi,

I just switched from using the tulip_cb from PCMCIA package to using just
the tulip driver from the kernel source (2.4.17).

When I put my card, which is D-Link DFE-660 10/100", the cardinfo reports
it being a "CardBus hotplug device". It doesn't read anything from
/etc/pcmcia either, so I have to manual do a 'modprobe -k tulip'.

I can successfully set up the card for two different network configuration
I have (home/work), but it would be convenient to have it use the 'Scheme'
provided in PCMCIA as I had it when using PCMCIA driver, i.e. Slot 0 =
Work, Slot 1 = Home.

Can anyone please advise on
1) have the kernel driver loaded when the card is inserted
2) How do activate different configurations (aka scheme) when in different
slots.

I also have a Wireless (D-Link Air, DWL-650) for use at home. Therefor I do
not need the tulip driver loaded at all times.

Regards
Ingvaldur