[tulip] Interrupt resources are pending! <- ?

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 01:53:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Max Pakhutkin wrote:

> Card: Linksys LNE100TX
> Dist: Debian 2.2.17
> Problem: modprobe reports 'Device busy' while tulip-diag reports 'Interrupt
> resources are pending!'

The "Device busy" message is a misleading way of reporting the driver
couldn't find a recognized device.
(Not my fault!  The driver returns ENODEV.)

I suspect that you are using an old driver.  Get a recent driver from
   http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html
      ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/tulip.c
and follow the directions at
   http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html

> After two full days of intensively studying this site's resources I've
> finally managed to put my card into interrupt 7 (instead of 15, which it
> used to hang out in, but tulip-diag was reporting Unknown Error: 7 which

Ehh, I don't know that this is a problem.
Get the driver to recognize the card before you look for other problems.

> tulip-diag.c:v2.03 7/31/2000 Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)
>  http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
> Index #1: Found a ADMtek AL985 Centaur-P adapter at 0xf800.

This chip will not be found by older drivers.

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
Annapolis MD 21403