[tulip] Re: loading tulip.o and pci-scan.o at boot up

Killer Wrath killerwrath@yahoo.com
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 06:42:35 -0700 (PDT)

You need to copy pci-scan.o to your /lib/modules/2.2.14/pcmcia
directory and tulip.o to your /lib/modules/2.2.14/net directory.  After
that just restart and your system should detect your card and load your
tulip driver.

> Subject: [tulip] loading tulip.o and pci-scan.o at boot up
>
> I'm running Red Had 6.2 with kernel 2.2.14-5.0 and am trying to
> install
> a linksys LNE100TX ethernet card.  I have successfully compiled the
> pci-scan.c and tulip.c using the .rpm file. I have used depmod -a and
> it
> has successfully updated the modules.dep file. However, if I type
>
> modprobe tulip
>
> it will not load the driver. If I use
>
> modprobe pci-scan
> modprobe tulip
>
> it will not load the driver. I have to use
>
> insmod pci-scan
> insmod tulip
>
> to load the modules. Once the modules are loaded I can "see" my
> ethernet
> card using ifconfig eth0. However something still appears to be
> missing
> because it will not initialize eth0 (it keeps giving me a [failed]
> message) on boot up, and I'm trying to configure my network for DHCP
> but
> when I use the netconfig utility it won't let me select that option.
>
> I would greatly appreciate any input. Thank you
>
> Mario Simoni
>
> --
> Mario Simoni                               mario@ece.gatech.edu
> Ph.D. Student                              (404) 894-9666 Lab
> Neuromorphic Sensorimotor Systems Lab      (404) 894-9959 Fax
> Georgia Institute of Technology            (404) 206-9641 Home
> Atlanta, GA 30332-0250

=====
INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY = Interactive Network For Organizing, Retrieving, Manipulating, Accessing and Transferring Information On National systems, Unleashing Practically Every Rebellious Human Intelligence, Gratifying Hackers, Wise-asses and Yahoos.

--from http://megadodo.com/articles/6R46.html