[tulip] Problems with two tulip based cards: RESOLVED

Simon Hill ibis@metasystema.org
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 15:52:22 -0500 (CDT)

Hello again,

I have solved the problem. Further experimentation showed that even though
ping gave no output on the box in question, tcpdump showed that the
packets were actually getting through. I think that the lack of output
from ping was due to failed DNS lookups, even though I was using IP
addresses. The system had been set up to use the local network's
nameserver, which did not contain entries for the external system I was
using for testing. Once I switched to a nameserver on the external
network, everything started to work.

Regards,

Simon Hill (simon@metasystema.org)
http://www.metasystema.org/