[tulip] Weird Errors with 21143

Andrew Hall ahall@secureworks.net
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:11:43 -0400

Hello all,

I have a 21143 based four port nic.  The manufacture is phobos.  I have down
loaded the tulip.c and pci-scan.c/h and compiled the driver as a module.
When I insmod pci-scan.o all is well.  When I insmod the driver all is well.
The OS see the ports, gets the MAC's etc. Once I attempt to assign an IP to
the interface I start receiving the following error:

	pqfe0:  21140 transmit timed out, status 05bcbe83, SIA c09689ff c09689ff
c09689ff 4de8c885
	Tx hung, 16 vs. 0

Some times the "Tx hung" is 9 vs 0.  The status is changing also.  Some of
the other error codes for the status are: 4de8c885 and 438d5000.  At this
point I can not do anything.  I can not ping, traceroute, etc. Could someone
please shed some light on this for me.  Thank you in advance.

Andrew