[tulip] Assistance please with tulip.o/Linksys Fast Ethernet 10/100 (NC100 V2)

David Shochat shochat@acm.org
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 15:16:24 -0400

I'd say you're almost home free. It looks like you just need to insmod
pci-scan before attempting to do tulip. The unresolved symbols in your
error messages below are both provided by the pci-scan module. I made
exactly the same mistake you did when I first tried to use the tulip
module.

Actually, the right way would be to do

  depmod -a

(which will record this dependency and others in the file
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/modules.dep) and then from then on you can just
say

  modprobe tulip

and it will figure out on its own to load pci-scan first.

One other thing. bash can do anything sh could do so don't worry about
that.

-- David