[tulip] I am extremely new at Linux and this is because we are installing ZenWorks for Desktops from Novell

Jim Wilderman jwilderm@garlandisd.net
Wed, 04 Oct 2000 16:09:56 -0500

--=_AEF641B8.45244D41

I am extremely new at Linux and this is because we are installing ZenWorks =
for Desktops from Novell and the client imaging system uses a stripped =
down Linux O/S. My problem is that some of our NICs are the Kingston =
KNE100TX using the DC 21140 chip set. I downloaded the most recent =
tulip.c, pci-scan.c, pci-scan.h, and the kern_compat.h source files. Since =
the Zenworks Linux does not come full blown, I purchased Caldera Open =
Linux 2.4 which uses the 2.2.14 kernel. Zenworks also uses the same kernel =
version. After successfully compiling pci-scan.o and tulip.o I copied both =
files to the /lib/modules/2.2.14/net folder on the boot floppy. The =
problem is that system does not see the NIC. I can see it with tulip-diag. =
When using insmod to install pci-scan.o there are numerous unresolved =
symbols and tulip.o gives me a segmentation error. I have read many of the =
archived messages but none of what I found there helped. Any suggestions. =
By the way, I have no problems with the 3C90x driver. Also I was able to =
install Caldera Linux on the Kingston box no problems.

Jim Wilderman , Consultant=20
Buchanan Associates=20
jwilderm@garlandisd.net
jwilderm@buchanan.com=20
972-487-3670 (GISD Technology)=20
1-877-287-3016 (Pager)=20
214-837-5818 (Cell Phone)=20
48 (Nextel Private ID)=20

 =20

--=_AEF641B8.45244D41

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt MS Sans Serif; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=1>I am extremely new at Linux and this is because we are
installing ZenWorks for Desktops from Novell and the client imaging system uses
a stripped down Linux O/S. My problem is that some of our NICs are the Kingston
KNE100TX using the DC 21140 chip set. I downloaded the most recent tulip.c,
pci-scan.c, pci-scan.h, and the kern_compat.h source files. Since the Zenworks
Linux does not come full blown, I purchased Caldera Open Linux 2.4 which uses
the 2.2.14 kernel. Zenworks also uses the same kernel version. After
successfully compiling pci-scan.o and tulip.o I copied both files to the
/lib/modules/2.2.14/net folder on the boot floppy. The problem is that system
does not see the NIC. I can see it with tulip-diag. When using insmod to install
pci-scan.o there are numerous unresolved symbols and tulip.o gives me a
segmentation error. I have read many of the archived messages but none of what I
found there helped. Any suggestions. By the way, I have no problems with
the&nbsp;3C90x driver. Also I was able to install Caldera Linux on the Kingston
box no problems.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>Jim Wilderman , Consultant <BR>Buchanan Associates <BR><A
href="mailto:jwilderm@garlandisd.net">jwilderm@garlandisd.net</A><BR><A
href="mailto:jwilderm@buchanan.com">jwilderm@buchanan.com</A> <BR>972-487-3670
(GISD Technology) <BR>1-877-287-3016 (Pager) <BR>214-837-5818 (Cell Phone)
<BR>48 (Nextel Private ID) </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>&nbsp; <BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--=_AEF641B8.45244D41--