new info WAS: Re: [tulip] LNE100TX version 4.1 timeouts on tx

Dan Hollis goemon@anime.net
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:54:38 -0800 (PST)

---1405118898-1827446949-975502478=:2036

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Erik Steffl wrote:
> Donald Becker wrote:
> > On Sun, 26 Nov 2000, Erik Steffl wrote:
> > >   after having problems described below I tried to move the LNE100TX to
> > > different PCI slot and now it's all different. Soundcard works OK (it
> > > used to play only about 1 second of sound when network card used to be
> > > in original slot).
> > That's the symptom of a sound card on a blocked or invalid interrupt line.
>   that was my guess too but /proc/interrupts said that the soundcard is
> on 5 and network card is on 9 (just like now when soundcard is working).
> in addition to that soundcard is ISA and network card is PCI.

Also, on some motherboards, busmaster signals are shared. E.g. on Abit BP6
you cannot put a busmaster PCI card in slots 5 and 6 -- you can only put a
busmaster card in 5 *or* 6, but not both. Slots 1-4 are OK.

Can you try moving network card to yet another PCI slot? :)

>   it says half duplex in tulip-diag output but the status on windows
> computer says full duplex (they are connected using crossover cable)

tulip-diag doesn't know about the ADMtek media registers. Attached is a
patch.

-Dan

---1405118898-1827446949-975502478=:2036
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---1405118898-1827446949-975502478=:2036--