[tulip] Recognizing the new driver at bootup

ne... akabi@home.com
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 15:38:47 -0500 (EST)

On Nov 24, 2000 at 14:22, Phil Barone eloquently wrote:

>Hi All,
>  I sure appreciate all the help so far. Talk about confusing. See some
>notes about what I have done to get this far at the bottom of this email.
>
> My question utimately is how to get my RH7.0 box to function correctly with
>my cable modem. I am reading the cable modem how-to but am stuck.
>
>  First how do I get my eth0 interface to be recognized at boot time? It
>seems that what I am doing with the modprobe eth0 is causing eth0 to be seen
>for the moment but as soon as I reboot, eth0 disappears. See below to see
>what I've done so far.
>
>What is the standard way of making eth0 available after the reboot?
Install the netcfg rpm and use this to configure the
device. Make sure you select the 'activate at boot' switch.

[...]

The truth about a man lies first and foremost in what he hides.
		-- Andre Malraux
  3:36pm  up 5 days,  1:21, 10 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.03, 0.01