[tulip] NC100 NIC card, tulip driver won't compile.

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:37:37 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, David Shochat wrote:

> > I've updated
> >   http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html#redhat7.0
> > in an attempt to document this problem.
> >
> > Please read this and suggest corrections or clarifications.  Hopefully we
> > can cut down on the number of RH7.0 error reports...
> >
> It looks good to me. I also learned something new from it. I had thought
> it was 2.4-test<something>, rather than 2.3.99.

The current development kernel is internally numbered 2.4.0, but
   it's not a released 2.4 kernel
   the first 2.4.0-test was released six months ago
   a dozen major test versions have been released since then
   there have been five major VFS and VMA architecture changes in 2.4.0-test
   and all have use exactly the same kernel version number.