[tulip] NetGear FA311 network card

A E Lawrence adrian.spiced.lawrence@pork.oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun, 05 Nov 2000 20:40:21 +0000

Matt Jackson wrote:

> "Argentium G. Tiger" <agtiger@kc.rr.com> writes:
>
> > Jay Crews <jpc@doublelatte.com> writes:
> >
> > Hoping there's a solution to this, I'm trying to dump Windows and go with
> > Linux exclusively, except for games... ;-)
>
> Donald Becker's natsemi driver works great for me under 2.2.17 and
> 2.4.0-test*. Check out the instructions at www.scyld.com

Are you getting reasonable bandwidth? My experience was extremely poor:
the absolute maximum that I  measured was about 2.3MB/s but that was far
higher than the average. And I tried with and without hubs, and on
occasions with FA311s back to back (two machines) with a cross-over
cable. This is 100Mb/s, of course. It became clear that the design had a
fault. You may have a later revision, and now it is ok. Or perhaps you
are at 10Mb/s or just haven't measured the bandwidth?

ael

PS. Sorry. I suppose that this is off-topic for the *tulip* list.
--
Dr A E Lawrence (from home with apologies for spam enhanced reply
address)