2.3.51 tulip broken

Jim Morris Jim@Morris.net
Tue Mar 21 01:14:04 2000

--------------D33C045A2C435185D9E4F7FB

/SOAPBOX/
Jeff, how can I say this.  You're a jerk, by continuing in the manner
you are.  You seem to be one who "has to have the last word", and you've
done nothing on this list for a week now but knock the major contributor
of network drivers for many years.  I've yet seen anything but whining
and complaining from you.

I for one have been unable to get several brands of Tulip based card to
work with the drivers that come with Linux 2.2 or 2.3 kernels - one
reason I subscribe to this list.  I've had to replace the Tulip driver
in the kernel for every system I've installed in the past year or so,
before I could get networking functional.  And that includes Mandrake
6.0 and 6.1 - which you apparently have some involvment in, based on
your Email sig.

If you were truly interested in getting the things merged between the
*real* tulip driver discussed on this list, and the hacked up one in the
kernel, then you would change your attitude.  Instead of pointing your
finger at Donald, and saying "it's his fault", you could instead be
working with him to try to resolve the situation.  I feel that your past
week of rants has probably made the situation more untenable than it
was.
/-SOAPBOX/

 --
/------------------------------------------------\
| Jim Morris  | Business:  jmorris@rtc-group.com |

begin:vcard
n:Morris;James
tel;fax:425-871-2677
tel;home:256-883-6577
tel;work:256-883-6577
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Retail Technologies Corporation;Technical Services
adr:;;;Huntsville;AL;35802;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:Jim@Morris.net
title:Software Engineer