Light-On pnic hang?

Will Sergent will@devel.acclink.com
Sat Mar 18 15:27:54 2000

"Todd T. Fries" wrote:

> We have three machines all using the amd K6-3 and an fic motherboard using
> the via chipset .. and when doing large ftp or other network transfers the
> machines lock up until we bring the ethernet down and back up .. aka
>
>         /etc/rc.d/init.d/network stop
>         /etc/rc.d/init.d/network start
>
> We are wondering if there are any other similar reports?  It looks very
> much like a dma transfer glitch in the motherboard, but just wanted to
> ask before reaching any conclusions...
>
> Thanks...
Yes! Weve been having the same problem with a fileserver running on a
k6-2 with an epox mobo and a netgear card that the redhat install
program recognizes as a lite on. I was having problems with my desktop
machine too but the problem seems much improved with the 2.3.49 kernel,
though It still stops occaisionally.
 Weve really been racking our brains over this if it is a dma problem
or  a kernel problem let me know if you find a solution.
 Will