[tulip] RE: Problem with LNE100TX (ver4.1)

Jim Morris Jim@Morris.net
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 02:08:17 -0500

thomas@wong.as wrote:

> Anyone who has any idea how to solve this problem , please please please reply.
> I need help urgently. I bought this NIC card being fooled by the logo Tested
> with Linux on the box cover thinking that support and driver is given. What a
> mistake ?

Unfortunately, Linksys seems to keep changing their card design, causing
problems working with the standard Tulip driver. That said, the last few
Linksys cards I bought (LNE100TX) included a tulip.c driver on the 2nd
driver floppy that came with the card. That should work with Linux 2.0.x
and 2.2.x kernels.

I used to buy and recommend a lot of Linksys cards.  I've stopped doing
that, after running into so many problems with using the stock tulip
driver.  Most of the problems I've seen with the current card are
related to media detection and negotiation.  I.e. a Linksys card will
work fine on a 10BaseT or 100BaseTX hub, but not connected to a 10/100
autoswitching hub or switch.

Good luck...  wish I could help more.
 --
| Jim Morris  | Business:  jmorris@rtc-group.com |