[tulip] problem with new Linksys NC100 card

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:12:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Steve Beaty wrote:
> At 11:11 AM 6/17/00 -0400, Donald Becker wrote:
> >On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Aaron P. Lopez wrote:
> >
> > >  I was wondering if anyone knew of the compatibility with the tulip.c
> > > driver and the new Linksys NC100 Fast Ethernet 10/100 card? I had no
> > > problems compiling the tulip drivers with the Linksys LNE100TX EtherFast
> > > 10/100 card. But now it reports that "...the device is busy". I am
> > > running RedHat 6.1.
> >
> >You need an updated tulip driver to work with the new chip.
> >    http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html
>
>          i think there may be more to this beast than this.  i have one of
> these too.  it's unlike the others on LinkSys' site.  here's a little more
> info that i've dug up on mine.

It's an ADMtek "Centaur" chip in PCI mode, similar to the (also new) ADMtek
Comet.

> -----
> # lspci -v
> [...]
> 00:12.0 Ethernet controller: Bridgecom, Inc: Unknown device 0985 (rev 11)
>          Subsystem: Bridgecom, Inc: Unknown device 0570

What are the PCI IDs?  They should be 0x1317  0x0985.

The "Bridgecom" name is a bug in the 'lspci' database.  Some person must
have mistakenly assumed that "Bridgecom" actually makes hardware rather than
being a brand name on an OEM board.

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Annapolis MD 21403