[tulip] RE: [eepro100] Re: [vortex] True on TRANSMIT ERROR TIMEOUT

Philip Ronzone Philip.Ronzone@efi.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 13:44:10 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFD641.4A87E402

I'd recommend AGAINST using switches. The unfortunate, and frustrating
reality is the many Ethernet NICS do NOT work well with switches when =
the
NIC is set to something OTHER than autonegotiation (like, set to
100BASE/half-duplex). Intel has acknowledged that they can replicate =
this
problem and so far, have some rational hypothesis for why it happens.

These problems do NOT occur with hubs.