[tulip] Compile errors and Unresolved dependencies for the Source RPM

Ute Jensen ute192@hotmail.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 18:09:17 PDT

Well at least I know I'm not alone in this problem.  I wish I could help you
out, but I still haven't found an answer from my post of the same problem on
SuSe linux last week:
  http://www.scyld.com/pipermail/tulip/2000-July/002312.html

But one source on the suse-linux-e mailing list told me that if I have two
kernel versions in /lib/modules then the compiler might have a problem
deciding between which libraries to link to.  I have both a 2.2.5 and a
2.0.36 directory in there and he suggested renaming one and compiling again.
  I haven't yet tried it, because I'm not sure about it.. i mean, what was
the uname for in the path if the compiler is gonna get confused anyway :-\
But you might check to see if that's also the case with your 7.1 Mandrake,
and if we both have more than one directory there then there might be some
merit to his suggestion.

Someone else with a 2.2.13 kernel told me that they had to compile tulip
into the kernel, specifying the DEC option in the menuconfig.

My 'rm' isn't aliased to 'rm -i' and I use it all the time.  So why am I so
hesitant to compile a kernel?  I don't know.. could it be that the first
time I try to compile something (the tulip module) it goes awry??

Good luck.. I'm still searching, too.

-Ute