-06 option flag

Geoffrey Wossum gpw0341@omega.uta.edu
Thu Jan 27 18:04:35 2000

Steve,

> When I attempt to compile the tulip source code I get
>
> " "06" unrecognized option "
>
> the file continues to compile but doesn't work when inserted..

Check the Makefile for errors.  Yes, the file is probably not going to
work unless some optimization is on.  Many of the port access commands are
done as inline functions, which don't get compiled in unless at least '-O'
is set.  So without optimization, the module is braindead.

'-O2' works best for kernel stuff.  I'd be afraid of '-O6' breaking
something.

---
Geoffrey Wossum
gwossum@acm.org