RX/TX stop with 0.91g

Eberhard Moenkeberg emoenke@gwdg.de
Mon Jan 3 07:16:41 2000

Hi,

I see total RX/TX stops with the tulip driver version 0.91g and
different cards (21140 and 21143) and kernel versions (2.0.38
and 2.2.13).
This did not happen with 0.91 before. And everything works
again if I go back to 0.91.

It happens not very often (about 10 times the last 10 days), but
if it does, no further network traffic is possible. If I do
"ifconfig down" and "up", things will work again.

The ifconfig byte counts show that both RX and TX get stopped.

Is something known about this?
Is there a more recent tulip driver version?

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@gwdg.de, em@kki.org)