IntraServer Quad Ethernet

Rick Kiessig rick@kiessig.com
Sun Feb 20 03:19:14 2000

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Tulip driver with the IntraServer ITI-5232E-N Quad
Ethernet board.

It boots fine and finds all four ports.  But I'm getting a really excessive
number of collisions (as reported by ifconfig), which slows the network
speed down to something barely usable.  Swapping cables/switches/hubs
doesn't help.  I've compiled-in the driver (it's not a module).  I'm using
RedHat 6.1 with Linux 2.2.14, with a vanilla tulip.c version 0.91 of
7/16/99.

Has anyone seen this kind of problem before?

Perhaps the DE4X5 driver is a better choice for this board?

Thanks,

Rick
rick@kiessig.com