[tulip] ADMTek Centaur / ABIT KT7 / RH7.0 solution

Huw Rogers count0@building2.co.jp
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 12:27:46 +0900

In common with some other people on
this list, I had a few hours of trouble getting an
ADMTek card to work in an ABIT KT7
system with RH7.0.

1] Under plug and play settings in the BIOS, make
  sure "Plug and Play OS" is set.
2] ensure /etc/modules.conf contains "alias eth0 tulip"
3] move the card from the first PCI slot under the
AGP card down, slot by slot, rebooting each time
until it comes up ok.

I had to leave three blank slots between the AGP
card and the ethernet card before it would work.

Why? Beats me. Probably some kind of plug
and play screwup to do with programmable IRQs.
Could be the M/B, the BIOS, or the kernel to
blame.

Regards,

    -Huw