[tulip] Multiple detection?

John Sutton john@scl.co.uk
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 23:11:40 -0000 (GMT)

I've succeeding in linking 0.92 into a 2.2.10 kernel (I was previously using
0.91g) but when the kernel boots it seems to find the card eight times over
and so sets up eth0 through eth7!

This is odd but doesn't seem to cause a problem in my server, I just go ahead
and do an ifconfig on eth0 and ignore eth1 through eth7.  On my diskless
clients however I'm stuffed ;-(  Once the kernel has booted it then fails to
mount it's root over NFS.

This failure is definitely caused by the tulip driver upgrade and surely must
be related to the "multiple detection feature"?

Any ideas?

TIA

John Sutton
SCL Computer Services