[tulip] NIC ---> cable-modem at full duplex?

Mr V (Note my email change!!!) volentib@netmdc.com
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 07:17:42 -0700

The tulip-diag output below was from before I got tulip/pci-scan working and
loaded.

My NIC (ADMtek Centaur) card was listed as full-duplex then by tulip-diag.
Problem(?) is, tulip-diag now shows the card to be half-duplex.  *Should*
the card be running at full duplex now?

It's hooked to a RCA cable modem (that I've configured with DOS driver both
with 'auto-sense' and then with '100Tx FD' trying to get it to work)

I've tried these 'options' under tulip.0:

option=1(and 3, and 14)
debug=3 (and 6)
full_duplex=1

The card works, just listed as HD...

I saw some posts stating that no one should even *want* to change from h-d
to f-d (these posts seemed to list switches/routers/hubs   -  mine's a cable
modem). If I'm wasting time here, sorry.

The port selection was originally stated as this:

> tulip-diag.c:v2.04 9/26/2000 Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)
>  http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
> Assuming a Digital Tulip series adapter at 0xb800.
>  Port selection is 100mbps-SYM/PCS 100baseTx scrambler, full-duplex.
>  Transmit started, Receive started, full-duplex.

Now, same thing just half-duplex.