[tulip] tulip and SMP

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:43:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 geofstro@monaco.mc wrote:

> I also have a problem with SMP support. My board supports SMP so I need
> to run that version of the kernel.
>
> If I compile tulip.c using the standard compile command I get the error,
> "compiled for Linux 2.2.14 but you're running Linux 2.2.14-SMP.

To repeat the previous articles:

This is not a compiler or driver problem.  It's a configuration problem with
your installation.

The message means that you compiled the module for a different kernel than
kernel you are currently running.

It was likely compiled against the uniprocessor kernel header files in your
distribution.  You are running the SMP kernel from your distribution, which
has a different set of generated header files.

Change the symbolic link /usr/include/linux to point to the correct set of
header files.

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
Annapolis MD 21403