[tulip] Linksys 10/100 network everywhere pci card

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 00:16:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 nmoran6@mediaone.net wrote:

> I have not been on this list long, but have seen a post about the
> Linksys Network Everywhere Card being the problem and that
> everything worked great after the person placed a Fast Ethernet
> 10/100 in his computer. I would like to know if the Linksys 10/100
> Network Everywhere PCI card works with the tulip driver. I havent
> been able to play around with it on Linux yet because Windows, as
> usual decided to go haywire.

The new Linksys cards use ADMtek Comet or Centaur chips.

You'll need a recent Tulip driver to work with these chips.

 http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html
    ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/tulip.c

With some cards, if you have a full duplex connection you may need the
latest driver:
    ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/test/tulip.c

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
Annapolis MD 21403