[tulip] Re: Tulip compile problems

Killer Wrath killerwrath@yahoo.com
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 13:47:49 -0700 (PDT)

> I have a major problem I cannot solve.  I try and compile the tulip.c
> driver or the pci-scan.c driver and I run into the following problem.
> It will not compile and gives me errors something like this:
>
> /.../.../modversions.h: linux/modules/serial.ver: no such file or
> directory
<snip>

I had the same problem, but I have a solution that will work with the
Corel distribution of Linux.

Use the following list of commands in order, and then you'll be all set
(*'s equal the linux version number, in my case it was 2.2.14):

cd /usr/src
tar zxpvf kernel-source-*
ln -s kernel-source-* linux
rm -rf /usr/include/asm
ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/asm /usr/include/asm
rm -rf /usr/include/linux
ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/linux /usr/include/linux
cd linux
cp /boot /config-* .config
make oldconfig
make dep

Finally build pci-scan and copy pci-scan.o to your
/lib/modules/*/pcmcia directory and then build tulip and copy tulip.o
to your /lib/modules/*/net directory.

=====
INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY = Interactive Network For Organizing, Retrieving, Manipulating, Accessing and Transferring Information On National systems, Unleashing Practically Every Rebellious Human Intelligence, Gratifying Hackers, Wise-asses and Yahoos.

--from http://megadodo.com/articles/6R46.html