[tulip] Re: Linksys LNE100TX Driver Problems <- Possible issue

Bryan -TheBS- Smith thebs@theseus.com
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 09:17:20 -0400

On Tue, 08 Aug 2000, Brian Hanks wrote:
> When attempting to use the RPM, I get to the rpm -bb command and it
> fails with the following message:
> "make: *** no rule to make target `/usr/src/linux/drivers/net/8390.h' ,
> needed by `ne2k-pci.o'. Stop.
> Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.xxxxx"
>
> When attempting to compile tulip.c alone I get all kinds of warning
> messages, but no tulip.o file.

Some kernels (notably recent RedHat kernel RPMs) expect the asm and
linux include files to be in /usr/include to compile.  Type:

   cd /usr/include
   ln -s ../src/linux/include/asm .
   ln -s ../src/linux/include/linux .

To setup symlinks to your kernel's include files.

[ Not sure if there is your issue or not ]

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith                            CONTACT INFO
 Chat: thebs413 @ AOL/MSN/Yahoo (see http://Everybuddy.com)